Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Got Yarn


I am so excited.  So, I was online as usual and had this great idea.  Recycled yarn!  Okay so it’s not that new.  I got to thinking and decided to go to my local thrift store to see what I could find.  Well there wasn’t much of a selection but I did find a few sweaters in great condition in colors that I liked.  I bought them for $2 each.  Ran home. Washed them. Ripped them apart.  This was quite a tedious process but it’s getting easier.  Wound them on my yarn baller.  End result: A ton of great cotton for $2!!!  Now I had “the Bug” it happens to me every time I start a new project.  Out I went the next day to another store.  Found more great yarn, Angora, wool, more cotton.  Ran home & continued the process.  I have learned that there are some sweaters that are easier to disassemble but all yielded lots of great yarn.  Now I have to figure out what I am going to make with my new found yarn.  Oh the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment