Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thrift Store Jackpot

I am so excited!  Today I went around to a few of my favorite thrift stores.  I am always on the look out for knitting and crocheting tools.  (The vast majority of my knitting and crocheting tools are used.)   I think that they have a greater appeal to me because someone used them.  Used them to make things for their daughter, grandchildren, sisters, friends, charities and the like.  I think about what was made with these simple tools.  Sweaters, hats, socks, scarves, mittens, Christmas stockings the list is truely endless.  I get a bit of comfort knowing there were used well and used often.  Much work, joy and love goes into something handmade.  It part of the joy of knitting.

So, today, I hit a jackpot.  I haven't in a while but today was my lucky day.  I got 37 stitch holders, 7 sets of DPN's, 2 sets of straight needles  and 2 crochet hooks (also a bit of yarn I could not pass up.)   All for the grand total of $4.  Yes, $4.

For those of you who are not knitters.  I can't get one pair of straight needles with a 40% off coupon at Michael's for $4.  Yeah!!!!   So, I suggest for those who are interested or might be interested in learning a new craft.  Check out your local thrift stores first.  You will be surprised at what treasures you may find.  

No comments:

Post a Comment