Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Winston the Whale

My best buddy asked me to knit a whale.  I have no idea why but here he is -->

I actually thought that it would take me longer to create and knit this pattern BUT it only took me a couple of hours.  I got it on the first try.  So, thankful that I did not have to go through hours of knitting and frogging to get this one right.  I can see that I am improving slowly but surely.

This is the first of my patterns which I used short rows to create the shaping of the head and tail.  I added a gusset on the bottom so Winston would be able to sit up without assistance.   It bothers me when children sit their toys down and they do not stand up straight or sit as I think they should.

One of these days I will type up this pattern and put it up on Ravelry for all to see.  It is on my long list of things to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment