Saturday, May 19, 2012

Striped Study Shawl

I can't remember the last time that I knit something for myself.   Honest.  Don't get me wrong not a day goes by without me knitting but it's not for myself.  I am always knitting something for a client, a friend, a family member, a new baby, or for charity.   So I said to myself "self it's time to make something for me."

After hours of searching through my knitting library at home and on Ravelry I decided on the Striped Study Shawl by Veera Välimäki.  I have been eyeing this beauty for quite some time.   Veera has a great eye and I love each of her many patterns.  Simple, classic and wearable.  I plan on knitting a few of her designs such as Color Affection, Different Lines, and Folded to name a few.

One sunny day I decided to drive to a great, not so close, knitting store called Woolbearers which is located in Mount Holly.  A cute little town.  After a couple of hours wondering around, reading and feeling the yarn, I decided to splurge and get Madelinetosh Merino Light.

Could not wait to get home and start this project!

Here are the colors:


It's coming along wonderfully!  The yarn is so soft and such a pleasure to knit.

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment