Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Idle Hands

     After finishing up the rest of my orders and shipping them out I decided to take a much needed rest.  It's the first time that I have gone 7 full days without looking at knitting magazines or books, sketching new designs or picking up my needles to knit.   I have to admit I was a bit lost.  As I sat in front of the TV and actually watched it, rather than listening to it, I felt weird as if something was missing and it was my idle hands were not moving.

    However, foreign I decided to fight the urge to pick them up and I did.   It was wonderfully strange.  I cleaned my house from top to bottom in preparation for spring.  I love spring cleaning it's like a fresh start.  Everything is neat, clean and organized.  The windows were thrown open to let in that fresh spring air.   Ahhhhh.  The beauty of spring!  I even cleaned out my garden beds and hung a new clothes line for the season.

   Now that I feel rested and refreshed it's time to get back to work.  I start with a renewed spirit and fresh ideas.  I am so glad that I took the time to do things that I wanted and needed to do.  I feel a great sense of accomplishment in another area of my life other than knitting.   So, please, take it from me, if you feel you need a rest take it!  You deserve it!

That's all for now.  I'll be back soon to show you what's on my needles now...

No comments:

Post a Comment