Monday, April 5, 2010

At Knit's End

My mother just bought me At Knit's End by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (a.k.a The Yarn Harlot).  I am loving this little book.  It is filled with great quotes and knitting stories.  Stories that only a knitter, perhaps, could understand or laugh about.  Let me share a few that had me laughing last night.

"People who knit have long been trying to convince people who don't that they can knit AND listen at the same time.  Studies have shown that people often have increased focus and even demonstrate greater recollection while knitting"

~~My husband and I have this same discussion nightly!  Not only an I am knitter I am a woman and women can do 3 things at the same time.

"Most knitter's can't imagine anything better then spending their days curled up knitting, shopping for wool, and getting paid for it"

~~ Well I can think of one thing better.  A shopping spree at my local yarn store for free!  Only in my dreams.

"I'm not obsessed, I'm just highly preoccupied"

~~ Yes, that's me to a T

So, if you are wondering what to give the knitter in your life and you know not a thing about knitting, wool, or the tools involved.  You can not go wrong with this book and of course, a gift card for more wool!

1 comment:

  1. I'm NOT surprised, knowing your Mom that she bought you such a GREAT book... love your passion. Anxious to hear how the yarn took to the dye!

    ReplyDelete