Friday, April 3, 2015

A Little Bit of Organization...

A little bit of yarn organization goes a long way.  Over the years I have knit with a lot of different yarn brands, colors and fibers and I can't tell you how many times I wish I wrote down the yarn brand or saved the yarn info label thingy.   I used to tell myself, "oh, I'll remember, I love this yarn, shade, whatever"  but undoubtably I usually forget it.   Then I dive into my scraps to see if I can find the last little bit to match the color.  It's very frustrating.

One day, while browsing Pinterest, I came across this great idea and I though I'd share it with you today.  The blogger, Passion for Knitting, created a binder just for her yarn.  She also included a link for the printable yarn organization sheet here.  It's the best thing since sliced bread!  Really it is. :)

I created a very large binder and a place to throw all of my yarn labels, along with a small sample, into until I have the time to sit down and add them to the binder.  Now when I have to look up a color or yarn brand, I go to the binder and everything I need is in one neat place.  It is such a simple idea and I wonder why I never thought of this myself.  However, I am so glad to have found it.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. I'm definitely going to do this but also for my stash, as every time I need to look see what I have I have to dig through a big bag, so I'm going to put the number of balls on the tags too.

    ReplyDelete