Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cobblestone Pillow Sham Pattern

Last week I launched another pattern design on Ravelry - Concentric Circles.   I have to say a huge THANK YOU to all the wonderful testers on Ravlery who donated their time, materials and knowledge to test knit this pattern.  It would not have been possible without you!



This was my first experience using this testing forum and I highly recommend to any new designer to try them out.  This forum is made up of knitters and crocheters who love what they do.  There are beginners as well as experienced knitters which is quite helpful because you can really see where the problems lie, if any.

Although there were no errors in my pattern the testers were able to provide valuable feedback on how the pattern is worded.  I was able to see where it needed to be tweeked so it was easily read by every level of knitter.

There are strict guidlines for those testers to follow.  It is really built on the honor system and I have to say, for me, it worked.  (We all know that most crafters are honest good people.)   The testers incentive is to recieve a pattern for free in exchanged they offer their services for free.  You, the designer, set the parameters.  Such as:


  • How many testers
  • Who will be testing
  • Levels of experience
  • What sizes will be knit
  • Deadline for completion
  • Are pictures required
  • Where feedback sould be written - in the thread or via email
It's safe to say that I will be using this wonderful group of knitters from here on out.  My new pattern can be found here


No comments:

Post a Comment