Friday, August 5, 2011

Christmas Stockings

Another skill that I have recently mastered is the art of turn a heal and knitting socks.   I love socks and I love making socks.  They are just so practical and comfy.  Who doesn't like a nice soft warm pair of socks to mull around the house in or cuddle up on the couch with a cup of hot coco??

However, I have bene practicing socks on a larger scale for Christmas this year - Christmas stockings.   I have been turning them out left and right but now I have to add the finishing touches to make them even more adorable than they are now.  I like them to be classic and elegant - timeless.  I have a ridiculous amount of bulky sweaters that I have been yearning to use and I decided to use them for Christmas this year.  I have no idea why I was "saving" them.  They were bought to be used.  I think I get this trait from my mother.  I tend to hold into them until the perfect project beckons their call to be knit.

The recycled/repurposed sweaters are in creams and light blues.  The yarn has beautiful silver thread throughout.  Just stunning.  The blue is the perfect shade of pale sky and the glisten of the thread makes them pop (subtle pop).  All are natural fibers - merino wool.  I also have some red and a few other surprises. I can't wait to list them but not yet.  I hate that I am seeing Christmas out already in the stores.  I mean it's still AUGUST!!


No comments:

Post a Comment