Sunday, August 7, 2011

Totally Addicted to Fair Isle

I just taught myself how to knit fair isle.  I picked a very easy project - a cowl.  I am now totally addicted.  I have been knitting past 12am for the last few days.  I just don't want to put my needles down which is a sure sign of addiction.

It's true, it's not as hard as it looks.  Albeit, very slow going with this pattern of K2, P2.  I am dropping each color and then picking it up as needed.  I do want to learn how to knit with yarn in both hands but the purl sts kind of held me back on this technique.  I just wish that I gave this ago earlier.  It has opened up a whole new world of knitting possibilities.   I had to drag myself off of Ravlery again this morning.  Trolling the pattern library for over an hour.

So many pattern and so little time.  I need another set of hands to get through my project wish list.

Here is a picture of the cowl thus far.  What do you think??


No comments:

Post a Comment