Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Google analytics makes my head hurt


I came across this video on You Tube today in my epic journey to learn and conquer Google Analytics. I found it so helpful that I thought I'd share it with all of you. 

I am not, by any means, a master of computers as I often get lost in all the techie jargon and GA makes my head not only spin but hurt. Really. I don't like it.

In an effort to make some good use of my slow season I looked once again for helpful info and this is what I found:

youtu.be/mm78xlsADgc

While he is using his blog as an example it didn't matter and I had no problem following along with him step by step. I was easily able to make useful comparisons to my etsy store. He explained what the heck I am looking at, where my views are coming from or not, where my customers went next, what they were looking at and so on. I would recommend doing it when you have time to concentrate (again, GA makes my head hurt) and have a pen and paper handy.


I know it only scratches the surface of what GA can tell us about our shops but it's a start for those who have yet to figure out what the heck all that info is showing us.

Please, if you have any other helpful videos or links that you found helpful do share. I have a lot to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment