Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dog Sweater....


Last night should have been working on my second sock but instead I decided to knit my dog a sweater.  I have been saving the last bit of this skein of Malabrigo for about a year and a half now. Just about as long as I've been wanting to knit him a sweater.  I know horrible mom.  Believe it or not this dog only has one sweater.  yup, ONE.   What's that saying "cobbler's kids have no shoes."  Knitter's dog has no sweaters.   Lol

He's my little almost 6 lb chihuahua named Geddy Lee.  (My husband is a Rush fan.  Can you tell?)

This color way is PERFECT for fall and would look great on my little man.  Now, I am not one who normally clothes their pets but he's tiny & he has short hair.  It's necessity for walking a dog in winter in NJ.  Even though Malabrigo is not a yarn I would normally knit a dog sweater in because of its fragility and tendency to pill and felt but I don't care.  I love the color and that's that.

Here is a link to the free pattern:

http://alishaknits.blogspot.com/2011/08/side-button-dog-sweater.html

It calls for worsted weight yarn and US size 7 needles.
This sweater is not knit in the round.

I'm let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment