Thursday, August 29, 2013

I'm finally done

With my heart socks.  I finished weaving in the ends yesterday afternoon.  Yeah!  I do love them but they are a bit small for my 9.5 foot.  So,I will be gifting these to a lucky family member.   This is about my 6th pair of socks and I learn more with each pair. This time I learned that I should knit these one needle size up.  Pattern recommends a US sz. 2 & I should have used a size 3.

I am still plagued with ladders in small spots (so annoying)!  I've recently read that working on 5 DPN's instead of 4 would help but, uh, no, not in my case. I tried that with the second heart sock.  I found that I really need to knit my socks more loosely.  I have no idea why I seem to have a death grip when switching needles but I do.  I tried knitting loosely after turned the heel & while I am encouraged that this may be the answer I am not totally sold but it looks promising.

I've also read that with each pair I knit the results will be more consistent and one day the ladders will be gone.  I can't wait for that day. I wonder what my magic number of socks will be? 12 socks down plenty more to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment