Thursday, August 15, 2013

Little House on the Prairie

     Once again, I had to take the journey to my local yarn store to buy yarn today.  I know, just like all knitters, I was dragged licking and screaming (lol).   A Stitch in Time, which is located in Historic Farmingdale NJ,  is now my favorite local yarn store.  Michele is just wonderful, friendly and always makes me laugh.  She has a great selection of scrumptious yarn and is always bringing in something new.  One of these days I am going to make time to knit and shop rather than just shop.   I could sit there for hours just shooting the breeze with her.
      Now, I only went in there to buy one skein of yarn.  JUST ONE I told myself. Yeah, that didn't work out so good.   I left with a bag full.  See, I like to linger and stare at the walls filled with yarn. I know myself so well that I decided to take the dogs with me for the ride.  I figured that having them with me would lessen my lingering time & to my surprise that idea worked like a charm.  However, I just found out that I shopped quicker-less lingering but still buying.  I am a hopeless yarn hoarder.  Hopeless.
       One of my purchases is this gorgeous hank of sock yarn from Pagewood Farms.  I haven't knit with it yet but I could not pass it up.  There was only 2 of them left.  How would I feel if I went back next week and it was gone?  OMG.  Panic!    So I had to bring it home with me.


Now you can see why I could not pass this up.  Look at those purples gorgeous!
My plan for this evening is to watch Little House on the Prairie and knit myself another pair of socks.  I love this show.  I was brought up watching Little House and it's so nostalgic for me.  It's a simple show with simple lessons that are good for all no matter their age.  Plus they probably knit their own socks back then.  Perfect right?  So, onward to wind this skein and light my needles on fire.


Just in case you are curious what my favorite sock yarn pattern is these days.  Here it is:

http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2012/7/8/whits-knits-sporty-striped-peds.html

Happy Knitting all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment