Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's a New Year


And I promised myself that I would blog more frequently.  As you can see, so far this year, it's been a total fail but the good news is every sunrise means it's a new day.  I'm starting today.

I have no idea why I find it so difficult.  I knit everyday and I can talk for hours upon hours without pause when it comes to yarn and knitting.  But for some reason typing it all just doesn't happen.  Part of me feels like, who cares really, and the other part is I can't wait to tell everyone what I created.  So, I'm going with the later and I hope that you enjoy my rambling writings about my life and yarn.

Another thing that I promised myself I would get done this year is more designing.  I love designing and I have notebooks full of sketches, Pinterst boards filled with pins and an endless supply of knitting books and stitch libraries at my fingertips. ,Lately, however, I tend to enjoy the looking and pinning rather than putting my thoughts into action. I did manage to design AND knit a new pair of fingerless gloves which I love.  The pattern is being tested right now by my friends at Ravelry and I can't wait to show it to you.  I also have another wrap I made last year that has yet to be tested or typed.  It's on my to do list.   It's a beautiful light green 100% recycled cashmere, fingering weight that was a pleasure to in tip.  The pattern is simple, the stitch delicate and the design timeless.  It's perfect for Spring which is why I have to get a move on it.

The rest of last week was not so successful.  At times, designing is frustrating.  There are so many wonderful stitches out there that I find myself lost in too much information.  My mind wanders and wanders, it looks for the perfect yarn and stitch combination that matches the picture in my head, basically, I think too much!  Have you ever had that problem?  Please tell me I'm not alone.  I was so frustrated that I needed to take a break and a few deep breathes.  Breath in and out.  In and out.

Today was another day and after I finished what I needed to complete I whipped out the books once again.  I promised myself not to think too much.  Find a stitch I like and decide what I *think* it would be great for a pillow, a scarf, a wrap, or mittens perhaps and so I did.  This time it worked and not only did I find a stitch I know what I'm going to use it for and I even decided on the trim.  Yeah!  So now I'm off to swatch with this scrumptious light gray cashmere that has been calling me for weeks.

Until next friends knit on and prosper!



No comments:

Post a Comment